Mixed derivatives in NDSolve (mathematica 5.0)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42987] Mixed derivatives in NDSolve (mathematica 5.0)
  • From: Ramesh Raju Mudunuri <rmudunuri at uh.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 00:53:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
    I tried to solve a partial differential equation which contains a mixed derivatives, using NDSolve in Mathematica 5.0. The kernel crashed and Windows XP prompted me to send a bug report to windows. Can Mathematica 5.0 handle mixed derivatives in partial differential equations?. If so, please suggest how.

Thanks,
Ramesh