Re: TeXForm Qns.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43155] Re: TeXForm Qns.
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at physics.uwa.edu.au>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 07:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <bhd8mv$rlp$1 at smc.vnet.net>, dougaler at uboot.com (dougaler)
wrote:

> I have large outputs from symbolic computations. These are far easier
> to look at if I use TeXForm[] and put them through LaTeX.

Use TraditionalForm instead of StandardForm. It can be much more compact
and uses more standard mathematical notation.

> 2) Can I get Mathematica not to do this:
>
> Say I type
> In[1]:=k-1
> Then I get
> Out[1]:=-1+k
>
> i.e. effectively add an exta symbol when I make this TeX code.

k - 1 // TraditionalForm // TeXForm

does what you want.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Abbott                                   Phone: +61 8 9380 2734
School of Physics, M013                         Fax: +61 8 9380 1014
Crawley WA 6009                      mailto:paul at physics.uwa.edu.au
AUSTRALIA                            http://physics.uwa.edu.au/~paul