Re: Fills in StackGraphics ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg43274] Re: [mg43208] Fills in StackGraphics ?
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:08:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 09:24 PM 8/20/2003, AES/newspost wrote:
>Trying to stack a Table of Filled Plots, as in:
>
>     slices = Table[ FilledPlot[ f[n, x],  {x, 0, 1},  Fills -> White,
>                             DisplayFunction -> Identity], {n,0,5} ]
>
>     Show[ StackGraphics[ slices]]
>
>and it basically works, except I'm unable to get any Fill except what I
>guess is the Mathematica default (kind of a horrible purple).
>
>Tried more complex versions of Fill syntax, adding "Evaluates", etc., no
>success.  What do I need to do?
>
>[And incidentally, the Show command evaluates  _very_  slowly and
>jerkily.  Limitations of Mathematica 4.2 on iBook with OS 9.2?]

What you're seeing is the 3D lighting mechanism which colors a surface
according to it's orientation. To turn that off and see the colors of the
surfaces use Lighting->False.

Show[ StackGraphics[ slices], Lighting->False]

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com