not simplify inside TexForm , TraditionalForm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44842] not simplify inside TexForm , TraditionalForm
  • From: feleki <feleki at hbt.arch.ethz.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 04:24:33 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Friends!

I encountered the following problem with Mathematica:

I want to obtain the Tex-version of my expressions, for that I use

TexForm[expression]

or sometimes I also use to in another context:

TraditionalForm[expression]

Mathematica also tries to simplify these expressions,
so the obtained result is not the same as the expression,
but corresponds to the simplified expression:

Ex:  TexForm[4/2] returns 2 instead of  \frac{4}{2}.

Sometimes this simplification is not wanted.
Is there some way to tell Mathematica not to simplify
the expression and convert the expression in the original form?

Zsolt Feleki