Re: Disabling Groups of Cells

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44879] Re: [mg44524] Disabling Groups of Cells
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 05:31:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

ButtonBox["Disable Selection",  Active -> True,
     ButtonFunction :>
       SetOptions[NotebookSelection[InputNotebook[]], Evaluatable -> False]
]

ButtonBox["Enable Selection",
      Active -> True,
     ButtonFunction :>
       SetOptions[NotebookSelection[InputNotebook[]], Evaluatable -> Inherited]
]

At 01:27 AM 11/13/2003, AES/newspost wrote:
>I'm back with a generic question I think I may have asked before:  How
>to reversibly "disable" (make non-evaluatable) and re-enable (make
>evaluatable) all the Input cells in a group of cells, preferably in a
>"one-click" fashion, without messing up all the Text and Subsection
>cells in the same group?
>
>Consider for example a long notebook with sections, e.g.
>
>     Section 1
>
>     Section 2
>
>     Section 3
>
>     Section 4
>
>where each section is a group that contains subsections, subsubsections,
>text, input cells, maybe some old output cells.  At different times I
>want to disable certain sections and evaluate just sections 1,2,4, or
>1,3,4, or maybe just 1,4, using either "ctrl-A Enter" to evaluate all
>the desired (enabled) sections or "Shift-Enter" to step down through all
>the enabled cells one by one, skipping the disabled sections.
>
>How to enable or disable all the input cells in one section, reversibly,
>with one action?
>
>(A palette button, maybe?  Any expert want to cook one up?)

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com