Re: Re: How to stop a kerne calculationl without stopping the frontend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44908] Re: [mg44903] Re: How to stop a kerne calculationl without stopping the frontend
  • From: Yasvir Tesiram <tesiramy at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:29:16 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
My two bobs worth. I have found that  holding the Ctrl + . (Windows)
or Cmnd + . keys down until the process aborts is the way to go. I figure
that one instance of Ctrl + . is a signal to stop one Mathematica related
process and is the same as the the Stop Evaluation from the drop down
menu. Let me know if this works for you. I agree in general that
Mathematica needs to improve the Stop Evaluation command.

Yas