Tetrahedron plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44916] Tetrahedron plot
  • From: Leigh pascoe <leigh at cephb.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 03:32:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am studying a system in which I need to keep track of 4 frequencies
(xi, i=1,4) that sum to one. Points in this system can be represented by
a unit tetrahedron with the 3 independent frequencies as the axes. I
would like to plot individual points (3-tuples), surfaces such as
x2x3=x1x4 and trajectories that are defined by a set of 4 difference
equations from a given starting point. Can anyone tell me how to go
about this in Mathematica 4?

 Eventually I would like to be able to solve the set of difference
equations for the equilibrium points either in R4 or C4.

Thanks

Leigh Pascoe