Re: DSolve Not Working

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg44940] Re: DSolve Not Working
  • From: Mariusz Jankowski<mjankowski at usm.maine.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 04:01:45 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You are probably missing a space between a and y, so your equation is
different from the one in the help browser. Consider spending a little time
studying Mathematica basics, will save you a lot of time in the future!

Mariusz

>>> Will Oram<spamguy at NOSPAM.foxchange.NOSPAM.com> 12/9/2003 3:46:28 AM >>>
I'm using Mathematica 5; DSolve[] never works. I am literally copying from
its own documentation, and it still spits out failures. For example:

In: DSolve[y''[x]==ay'[x]+y[x],y,x]
	DSolve::dvnoarg: The function y appears with no arguments
Out: DSolve[y''[x]==(ay)/x+y[x],y,x]

Wha?