Newbie Tex question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45090] Newbie Tex question
  • From: Mike Honeychurch <M.Honeychurch at mailbox.uq.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:21:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I've decided to try and learn how to use TeX. When I converted a notebook to
LaTeX I continually got "!Undefined control sequence" messages whenever and
alignment marker occurred in the original notebook. Also capital E was
converted as small e.

This is all done using V5 on Mac OS X.3 teTeX and TeXshop.

The solution is probably very obvious but thanks for your patience.

Mike