Re NETLink - CREATING a new class?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45087] Re NETLink - CREATING a new class?
  • From: ToolmakerSteve at shawstudio.com (ToolmakerSteve)
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:21:21 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I've discovered one potential solution to items (1) and (2) in my
preceding message.  URL:

"The .NET Code Document Object Model (CodeDOM) classes allow you to
create assemblies on the fly. ..."

Good - maybe NETLink doesn't have to do anything special;
just call these built-in NET classes to generate code.

NOTE: doesn't do the most general case of (2), which is dynamic
replacement of a method in a running assembly.
But it is much simpler than tackling the general case, which involves
the .NET Profiling API.  URL:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/09/NETProfilingAPI/

Time permitting, I'll experiment with the CodeDOM approach, and
provide a NETLink example.

-- ToolmakerSteve