Re: Newbie Tex question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45099] Re: Newbie Tex question
  • From: phbrf at t-online.de (Peter Breitfeld)
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:54:19 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mike Honeychurch <M.Honeychurch at mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've decided to try and learn how to use TeX. When I converted a notebook to
> LaTeX I continually got "!Undefined control sequence" messages whenever and
> alignment marker occurred in the original notebook. Also capital E was
> converted as small e.
>
> This is all done using V5 on Mac OS X.3 teTeX and TeXshop.
>
> The solution is probably very obvious but thanks for your patience.
>
> Mike

It seems, that Mathematicas LaTeX code has some macros, which are not
defined in notebook2e.sty. On a Linux system an Mathematica 4.2 I have
to put the following lines in the header of the LaTeX file, to make the
error messages dissapear:

\providecommand{\Degree}{\ensuremath{{}^{\circ}}}
\providecommand{\IndentingNewLine}{}
\providecommand{\InvisibleApplication}[1]{#1}

--
Gru=DF Peter