RE: animation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45111] RE: [mg45073] animation
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 07:54:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Luiza,

You could avoid the For loop my using...

Needs["Graphics`Animation`"]

Animate[ListPlot[...i ...], {i, 1, n, 1}]
SelectionMove[EvaluationNotebook[], All, GeneratedCell]
FrontEndTokenExecute["OpenCloseGroup"]; Pause[0.5];
FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`SelectionAnimate[200, AnimationDisplayTime -> 0.1,
      AnimationDirection -> Forward]}]

You can't directly avoid rendering all the frames. (Actually you could use a
scheme like Ingolf Dahl posted yesterday but that only runs the animation
once and provides no controls.)

The additional statements above will select the frames, close them up and
start the animation. The 200 is the number of seconds to run the animation.
(If you are using DrawGraphics you can click the statements in from the
DrawGraphicsPalette.)

A good way to view animations is by using the arrow keys. arrow up and arrow
down advance one frame at a time. arrow left and arrow right start the
animation in each direction. The keys on the number pad will control the
speed. "p" will pause the animation. "c" will run the animation in
forward-backward mode.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: M.L. Bondar [mailto:mbondar at win.tue.nl]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

I have the following problem with Mathematica.

 I need to make an animation and I use For[i=1, i<=n ListPlot[.....]; i++]
 which creates n plots. After that I double click on the grouping bracket
to the right of the plots to close the group and animate it.

Is there any possibility to make the animation avoiding  the ploting of
all n plots?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Luiza Bondar