I don't know where else to post such questions as

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45172] I don't know where else to post such questions as
  • From: geoman <geogeo9090 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 06:57:39 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

this list does have the odd prof. kicking around.

what if someone was to evaluate the integral 1/(Log[x]) . A tough one to be sure. Nothing I've tried comes even close to cracking this one. Mathematica gives an answer which includes an integral of (?)  something yet undiscovered.

Every book on calculus says that there is no answer to it. Well finding areas of parabolas and such was truly difficult before Leibniz and Newton. My way of thinking  is that there are yet fundamental theorms yet undiscovered.and this is why the above integral can not be evaluated as yet.