RE: How to have shaded background for just a portion of a plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45186] RE: [mg45159] How to have shaded background for just a portion of a plot?
  • From: "David Park" <djmp at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 05:55:50 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

You can use the AxesFront -> True option from the Graphics`FilledPlot
package.

I have always thought that AxesFront should be a regular graphics option
because it has many uses in addition to filled plots, as your case
illustrates.

David Park
djmp at earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/

From: nafod40 [mailto:noneya at business.com]
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Hola,

Anyone know how to shade the background of just a portion of a plot?
I've tried placing shaded rectangles behind the plot using Show,
DisplayTogether, Epilog, and Prolog and all permutations (2^4) thereof.
I have a framed and gridded plot, and I want to shade a region.

Rectangle always overwrites the axes and grids. I would rather not
create the axes and grids myself.