Re: Delaunay::"fail"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45196] Re: [mg45154] Delaunay::"fail"
  • From: Yasvir Tesiram <tesiramy at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 05:56:02 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
My directory structure is a little different to your in Linux but
essentially you need to be able to use mcc and the libraries it uses.
Without moving any files you can do the following.

1. Change directory to the location of the Developer kit. This can be
found in ..../AddOns/MathLink/DeveloperKit/.

Keep going into that directory and you will find in CompilerAdditions
some files like mcc, mprep, libML.a and mathlink.h.

2. When you in this directory in the command line type

mcc -o Whatever_Path_To_/ExtendGraphics/delaunay
Whatever_Path_To/ExtendGraphics/delaunay.tm

all in one line.

3. Now you should have a delaunay executable.
To get yourself up and running with the delaunay package, after you have
created the executable, go to the ExtendGraphics folder. There you will
find Delaunay.m. In line 95 of the file you will find a line,

If[ Install[ "ExtendGraphics`delaunay`"] === $Failed,

Change it to;

If[ Install[ "ExtendGraphics/delaunay"] === $Failed,

4. Call into a notebook as you would normally. Note that other packages
requiring binaries will also fail. In that case built the executables as
above, make the changes and all should be fine.

Cheers
Yas