Re: Book Recommendations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45245] Re: Book Recommendations
  • From: John Browne <jbrowne at swin.edu.au>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 05:13:36 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A book I have found useful in the past is

"Mathematica for Scientists and Engineers"
Thomas Bahder
Addison Wesley

But it may be somewhat dated now. My edition is 1995 and uses V2. I
don't know if there is a more recent edition.

"Scott Guthery" <sguthery at mobile-mind.com> wrote in message
news:bs1b34$9l9$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> There seem to be a large number of freshman-calculus Mathematica books.
> Could folks recommend some thoughtful Mathematica books, particularly
> for engineering applications?
>
> I'm looking for books without the same old toy examples but rather
> books
> that step up to real problems.  Thompson is, IMHO, a good example.
>
> Thanks for any insight.
>
> Cheers, Scott

John Browne
School of Engineering and Science