Re: how to 'edit' MatrixForm output to create a new matrix?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45257] Re: [mg45239] how to 'edit' MatrixForm output to create a new matrix?
  • From: Yasvir Tesiram <tesiramy at omrf.ouhsc.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:35:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

Some stuff below that may help. Also, there are
palletes to do this. File->Palettes->BasicTypesetting

In[23]:=
In[23]:= m={ {1, 2, 3}, {4, 5, 6} }

Out[23]= {{1, 2, 3}, {4, 5, 6}}

In[24]:= MatrixForm[m]

Out[24]//MatrixForm= 1   2   3

                     4   5   6

In[27]:= m1=AppendTo[m,{7,8,9}]

Out[27]= {{1, 2, 3}, {4, 5, 6}, {7, 8, 9}}

In[28]:= MatrixForm[m1]

Out[28]//MatrixForm= 1   2   3

                     4   5   6

                     7   8   9

In[29]:= m2=AppendTo[Transpose[m1], {a, b, c}]
Out[29]= {{1, 4, 7}, {2, 5, 8}, {3, 6, 9}, {a, b, c}}

In[30]:= MatrixForm[Transpose[m2]]

Out[30]//MatrixForm= 1   2   3   a

                     4   5   6   b

                     7   8   9   c