Re: Shortest path algorithm

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg45305] Re: Shortest path algorithm
  • From: "Michael Varney" <varney at colorado_no_spam.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 04:14:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

"gio" <gio at nospam.com> wrote in message news:bsoebr$enc$1 at smc.vnet.net...
> Dear all,
>
> Currently I am working on a subproject for my PhD. In this subproject I
> need to do some analysis on a network.
>
> I have about 1000 vertices. Every vertex is connected to about 20
> (definately not more) vertices.

How are they connected?  Is each vertex connected to the 20 nearest
neighbors?
How are the vertices arranged?  On a lattice or at random?
Do you have a specific configuration of lattice points, or do you want the
algorithm to compute for each new lattice structure?
You need to be more specific here.