Re: diffrence between ver 3.01 and 4.1 regarding N?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39213] Re: diffrence between ver 3.01 and 4.1 regarding N?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 02:21:17 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Universitaet Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
try FullForm to see all digits of a floating point number
that is truncated by the Print/Output functions.
peter weijnitz wrote:
> I tried some of my Mathematica3.01 programs on a computer with
> there where some differences that I could not explain.
> Regarding N: consider for example:
> with version 4.1 I got:
> and in version 3.01:
> Using SetPrecision[Sqrt[2.],16] I could make Mathematica4.1 give me 16
> digits precision.
> Peter W
Prev by Date:
Re: Random Trouble
Next by Date:
Re: Package creation
Previous by thread:
RE: diffrence between ver 3.01 and 4.1 regarding N?
Next by thread:
Re: Help DSolve