Re: finding periodicity in a set

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39274] Re: finding periodicity in a set
  • From: Scott A Centoni <scentoni at>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 03:07:57 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Thanks for the responses!  (Particularly from Matt Flax.)  I see now
that my sample fake data set is misleading, I should have specified it

xlist = 0.202 + 1.618 Table[0.001 Random[] +

to make it crystal clear that no correlation between successive items in
the list is implied and that the order is completely irrelevant.