Re: Log[Exp[r]] <> r?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39282] Re: Log[Exp[r]] <> r?
- From: "David W. Cantrell" <DWCantrell at sigmaxi.org>
- Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 04:50:28 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Jonathan Greenberg <greenberg at ucdavis.edu> wrote: > Hi there, why is it when I enter Log[Exp[r]] (or use Simplify or > FullSimplify) I don't get r? If I do Log[Exp] I get 2! I suppose that you intend r to be a real number. If so, then use Simplify[Log[Exp[r]], Element[r, Reals]] David