Re: smoothing functions to avoid artifacts in graphs

You could smooth the function by using ListConvolve[kernel, sampled
function].

You could use a smoothing kernel likeTable[1/n,{n}] for some small value of
n. Fancier smoothing would use a "tapered" kernel which tails off towards
zero at the edges of the kernel.

--
Steve Luttrell
West Malvern, UK