Problems evaluating Grad

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39372] Problems evaluating Grad
  • From: "Konrad Den Ende" <chamsterkonrad at>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 04:52:09 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I'd like to detrmine Grad to a function so i go:

I get no errors, but the answer is simply the same thing
that i asked, as if no computation was done. What do i
do wrong?

Also - when i evaluated the examples in Help i got the same
behavior. The answer that already is there gets exchanged
to something else upon my evaluation. Namely, the question
itself. What is that?!

phone #1:  (+46/0) 708 - 70 73 92
phone #2: (+46/0) 704 - 79 96 95
e-mail: chamsterkonrad at

Sleep - thing used by ineffective people
            as a substitute for coffee

Ambition - a poor excuse for not having
                 enough sence to be lazy