Re: Programing in MATHEMATICA

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg39577] Re: Programing in MATHEMATICA
  • From: Marc Heusser <marc.heusser at CHEERSheusser.comMERCIALSPAMMERS.invalid>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:10:53 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <b37ehn$phk$1 at>,
 KY Jayaram <kyjayaram42 at> wrote:

To: mathgroup at
> I am a  user of MATHEMATICA , can somebody help me
> with information regarding "Programing in
> MATHEMATICA".Does MATHEMATICA have programing
> structures like asubroutine of FORTRAN or functions of
> C language? I looked the entire MATHEMATICA BOOK
> version 4 and found no mention about these things.
>   Also Iwould like to know how to execute a Wole
> notebook when it is opened.
> Thanks in advance

Search your local library for "Programming in Mathematica", Roman Maeder
I do not know whether there is a newer version for Mathematica Version
4, but it should get you started well on the subject.

(BTW: It does have quite a few programming constructs, its most basic
one is rules and pattern matching, but functional, sequential, object
oriented (argueably) are all present).

Marc Heusser
remove the obvious CHEERS and MERCIAL... from the reply address
to reply via e-mail