Re: Comment lines in different colour or font

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg39589] Re: Comment lines in different colour or font
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 02:55:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I presume you want to do this in the Front End.  I don't know how (although
I imagine it's possible) but I did once implement it (with other
syntax-colouring features) in the KEDIT text editor  (
http://www.kedit.com/ ).   This can be very helpful for editing Mathematica
.m files or for manually recovering corrupted notebooks.   (Normal package
development is best done in the notebook environment in my opinion.)

Just in case it's useful to someone, the contents of my math.kld file are
included below.  It could certainly be improved.

John Jowett
------------------------------

* math.kld
* KEDIT (Windows version  1.5ß4) Language Definition for Mathematica,
* started from tex.kld,  John Jowett 15/12/97
*
* Problems:
*
:case
 respect
:identifier
[a-zA-Z$]    [a-zA-Z0-9_]
:number
 decimal
:comment
 paired (* *)  nest
:string
 double backslash multiline
:match
 [[ ]]
 (   )
 {   }
 [   ]

:keyword
* We could put the whole Mathematica language in here but that
* seems excessive.
 Map
 Apply
 Table