Re: Integration of Exp[-x^2]/(1 + Exp[a * x])
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg39661] Re: Integration of Exp[-x^2]/(1 + Exp[a * x])
- From: "David W. Cantrell" <DWCantrell at sigmaxi.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 04:45:26 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Marc_Noël <marc.noel at skynet.be> wrote: > with your exact input (copy and paste) I get Then I can't understand how Stefan's x^2 became your x2 . > \!\(\[ExponentialE]\^\(-x2\)\ \((x - > Log[1 + \[ExponentialE]\^\(a\ x\)]\/a)\)\) > it just works fine, It's not just fine for the original problem. David > Stefan a écrit: > > I have to integrate the function Exp[-x^2]/(1 + Exp[a * x]) where a is > > real-valued parameter. Unfortunately > > > > Integrate[Exp[-x^2]/(1 + Exp[a * x]), x] > > > > yields no results. Does anyone know a clever trick I might have missed?