_ interpreted as pattern

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38761] _ interpreted as pattern
  • From: "Rolf Alber" <alber at isd.uni-stuttgart.de>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 04:40:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello together !

I am currently trying to convert a Maple spreadsheet to Mathematica.
My problem now is that I have a lot of  variables which contain an
underscore, like "pressure_inside" p.ex.
This now causes problems in Mathematica as the "_" is interpreted as
pattern.
The number of variables which use such a "_" is quite large so I wonder if
perhaps anyone here knows a solution to my problem except renaming the
variables.

Any help is highly appreciated,

thanks,

rolF