Re: Numerical description of a contour

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38765] Re: Numerical description of a contour
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 04:33:15 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

a) since ContourPlot3D[] is full of bugs and slow you should use
   MathGL3d and its MVContourPlot3D[] function from

http://phong.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kuska/mathgl3dv3/id3.htm

b) what is a numerical description ? If you are using ContourPlot3D[]
   you have already a numerical description in its implicit form.
   The second possibility is to use a parametric form, but there
   is no general method to generate a parametric form form the implicit
   form and no method for generating parametric forms use the polygonal
   approximation of the surface.

Regards
  Jens