Re: Multiplelistplot question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg38779] Re: Multiplelistplot question
  • From: "Allan Hayes" <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 06:16:56 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David,
The default input into the error bar function is the sequence
        point, {{xminus, xplus}, {yminus, yplus}}.
Adjusting for this, your function myerrorbar becomes (I have added
thickness):

    myerrorbar[p_, ErrorBar[{xminus_, xplus_}, {yminus_, yplus_}]] :=
      Module[{x, y}, {x, y} = p;
        {Thickness[.02], Red,
          Line[{{x + xminus, y + yminus}, {x + xplus, y + yplus}}]}]

which works:

    Needs["Graphics`MultipleListPlot`"]
    Needs["Graphics`Colors`"]

    data = Module[{y}, Table[
         {{x, y = x + 0.5 + 5*Random[Real, {-0.1, 0.1}]},
          ErrorBar[3*{-Random[Real, {0.3, 1}],
             Random[Real, {0.3, 1}]}]}, {x, 1, 15}]];

    MultipleListPlot[data, ErrorBarFunction -> myerrorbar];

Clearly we can do more fancy things.

Allan

---------------------
Allan Hayes