how do I portably discard stderr for MathLink programs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42340] how do I portably discard stderr for MathLink programs
  • From: "Langston, Matthew David" <langston at SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 08:45:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I just ported my MathLink program to a new platform (Linux) and now when I run my MathLink program the Mathematica message window keeps popping up with a bunch of stderr output. The stderr output is simply diagnostic output from a third party library that I have no control over (but which I link my MathLink program against).

I don't want users to see this output. How do I portably dump stderr output in such a way that Mathematica doesn't keep popping up Message windows. Is there a way to tell Mathematica to ignore this stderr output?

Warmest regards, Matt

--
Dr. Matthew D. Langston, Ph.D.
SLD, Stanford Linear Accelerator Center