Integral notation question

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42382] Integral notation question
  • From: Jonathan Greenberg <greenberg at ucdavis.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 06:10:36 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

thought it was relevant.  Would you mind posting the question?

 I have a journal article that uses a notation I'm unfamiliar with for an
 integration, I was hoping someone could tell me what it means.  It is an
 integral sign with "2 Pi +" underneath it (Pi = pi symbol, of course).  Does
 this mean integrate from 0 to 2Pi, or something completely different?
 Thanks!

--
Jonathan Greenberg
Graduate Group in Ecology, U.C. Davis