Re: Xwin32, Mathematica and fonts problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42395] Re: [mg42383] Xwin32, Mathematica and fonts problem
  • From: "P.J. Hinton" <paulh at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 01:33:13 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, zakaria.lakhdari at laposte.net wrote:

> I'm having a problem with remotely using Mathematica .I am running Win98
> on my PC and using Micro XWindows XWin32.exe (X-Win32 version 5.1.4 Build 0).
> Mathematica 4.2 is installed at Laboratory in workstation. (Comapaq Cluster
> Tru64 5.1).We had download the Mathematica fonts for xwin32. They
> work fine, but not for the following 8 characters : ( ) [ ] {} |   Any
>  help would be greatly appreciated

I'm assuming that you downloaded the fonts at this page:

http://www.starnet.com/support/extrafonts.htm

Those fonts were used for Mathematica 3.0 - 4.1.  Mathematica 4.2 and
later uses a different set of fonts.  Contact them and ask them to supply
you with an updated font set.  They can get the 4.2 fonts at this URL:

http://support.wolfram.com/mathematica/systems/unix/general/latestfonts.html

--
P.J. Hinton
User Interface Programmer                         paulh at wolfram.com