LatticeReduce extension

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42450] LatticeReduce extension
  • From: davidmma at freemail.hu
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 08:24:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear MathGroup,

I would like to use the LLL algorithm to get the reduce basis for a given
set of vectors, but I also need the coordinates of the basis vectors in
the original system.

LatticeReduce doesn't have this functionality, and when I tried to
implement such an extension, I've found it very slow, although it
shouldn't be. I would be glad if somebody who had faced with this
problem earlier could help me. I don't post the code here, because it is
awful, long and seems to be uncorrectable. :(

Thank you in advance.