find root

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42474] find root
  • From: renukadevi ramasamy <rdevi_uwm at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:36:57 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,
in find root command is it possible to get the root in terms of a constant.
a simple example: ax+b=0 if we use solve command we get the result x=-b/a.But get error message when i try to use find root command to get the result in terms of constant without giving numerical values to the constant.
Thanks