RE: Contour plots for irregular data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42546] RE: [mg42518] Contour plots for irregular data
  • From: "Wolf, Hartmut" <Hartmut.Wolf at t-systems.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 05:42:16 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
>Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 11:19 AM
>To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
>Subject: [mg42546] [mg42518] Contour plots for irregular data
>

>Hi
>I want plot contour plots with my data in the form
>x1 y1 z1
>x2 y2 z3
>xn yn zn
>where x1-x2 is no equal to x2-x3....and so on.
>I know how to plot the contour plots for regular data.
>Is there any Mathematica function by which we can plot
>directly, instead
>of going for first finding a function to interpolate the data and then
>converting irereglar raw data to a regular data.
>Many thanks
>
>Ashish

These are the first sentences from notebook Countour.nb

Plotting Irregular Contours

This notebook demonstrates how to plot contours from irregular data.
The topic is described in more detail in the book:

	Mathematica Graphics: Techniques and Applications.
	Tom Wickham-Jones, TELOS/Springer-Verlag 1994.

This package is now updated to Mathematica Version ......

This notebook is part of the collection ExtendGraphics by TWJ available at
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Books/3753/

--
Hartmut Wolf