Re: Embedding fonts in exported .eps graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42567] Re: Embedding fonts in exported .eps graphics
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:13:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

especiial if you are using LaTeX you should *not* use
the font embedding. Because every font will make your
EPS file larger by ca 70 kByte, say you have 100 figures
in your book and two fonts per figure, you wil get a file that
is 14000 kByte larger.

Adding wolfram.map to config.ps of dvips will automatical
include the fonts found in the EPS figures and include
the fonts only once and not 100 times.

Regards
  Jens