RE: Re: Re: New version, new bugs

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42657] RE: [mg42619] Re: [mg42582] Re: New version, new bugs
  • From: "Prince-Wright, Robert G SEPCO" <robert.prince-wright at shell.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 03:19:41 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Is this a critical or nagging bug? Probably not critical, and no doubt there are a thousand others like all major software platforms. I guess we all hope that Wolfram rank the severity of the bugs and prioritize the sequence in which get corrected. If so, they should make the process transparent to all by putting it on their website.

I wonder what he liability implications are of leaving known and dangerous bugs in the program. It may not be enough to simply put a disclaimer against known error.