Re: Kernel Messages in Palettes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42693] Re: [mg42555] Kernel Messages in Palettes
  • From: Omega Consulting <info at omegaconsultinggroup.com>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 05:15:20 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

At 01:54 AM 7/15/2003, Selwyn Hollis wrote:
>Is there some way to prevent kernel messages from being written into a
>palette? Apparently the KernelMessageAction option can only be applied
>on the Global level.
>
>The specific problem I have is this: A button on a palette loads a
>certain package. If that button isn't clicked first, a shadowing
>message can be generated and written into the palette itself, which has
>to be edited out manually. How can I get around this?
>

>-----
>Selwyn Hollis
>http://www.math.armstrong.edu/faculty/hollis

First, if your button calls Needs and uses the full context name of any
package functions, then you won't get a shadowing error.

Second, you can redirect errors to the messages window with an AuthorTools
function

<< AuthorTools`

MessagesToConsole[Sin[2, 3]]

Omega Consulting
"The final answer to your Mathematica needs"
http://omegaconsultinggroup.com