question related to NMinimize

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42763] question related to NMinimize
  • From: "Devesh Roy" <roy at econ.bsos.umd.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 05:08:08 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi all,
I have a relatively simple question in Mathematica. I obtained a minimum
of a non linear function using NMinimize for a given parameter value.
Now I want to plot how the solution as well as the minimized value
changes as the parameter changes.
Take the simple example
My function is suppose: f(x,y)=g*x^3+y^4. In minimize this subject to
some constraints and obtain the values of x and y that minimize it, lets
call them xsol and ysol. Now I want to get a plot of xsol and ysol
against g (the parameter).

Thanks for your help in advance.
Devesh