Re: Problem with Show, Can't Give More than 5 Arguments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42773] Re: Problem with Show, Can't Give More than 5 Arguments
  • From: Bill Rowe <listuser at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 05:08:23 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

On 7/24/03 at 4:10 AM, jiwwgvpfeudf at spammotel.com (Gil) wrote:

> I'm having a problem which I hope is very simple, but I'm new to
> Mathematica.  I have 18 spheres, and I want to plot them in 3 dimensions.
> This is what I tried:

<details snipped>

> And everything was OK again.  So, as far as I can tell, if I have more than
> 5 arguments to Show, it doesn't show all of them.

<more details snipped>

> Any ideas why Mathematica isn't drawing everything it's being asked to draw?
> Thanks to anyone who can help!

Trying adding PlotRange->All to the Show command.

If you look throught the center points in your examples you will see the spheres not being ploted are the ones furthest from the origin. Most of the spheres you asked Mathematica to plot were less than 10 units from the orgin. The defaul setting for PlotRange is Automatic. With this setting, Mathematica adjusts the plot range to show what it considers the most interesting portions of the plot. Since only a few spheres are located far from the origin, Mathematic is adjusting the plot range to make it easier to view the spheres close to the origin. The result is the distant spheres aren't shown. Setting PlotRange to All ensure Mathematica plots all of the spheres.