How to add a condition to NDSolve?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42798] How to add a condition to NDSolve?
  • From: Amir Sadjadpour <asadjadpour at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:07:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I am trying to solve an ODE using NDSolve command.

The ODE is in the form of; h" + f(h)=0

Here h is an always positive function. But Mathematica
doesn't realize this and lets the function accept
negative values as well.

How can I add a condition, informing Mathematica that
h[t]>0 while it is trying to NDSolve the ODE?

Regards,
Amir