Re: MatrixExponential

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42805] Re: MatrixExponential
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 04:07:32 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

the MatrixExp[] ist typical computed by the transformation of the
matrix to diagonal form, for  a diagonal matrix
the Exp[m] is just the exponetial of the diagonal matrix
with the exponential of th eigenvalues and the matrix is
transformed back to the original basis.

How ever the eigenvectors (and the transformation matrix)
is usual *not* sparse and Mathematica or any system can help
you ...

Regards
  Jens