Saving Animations as QuickTime Movies? (AGAIN)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41720] Saving Animations as QuickTime Movies? (AGAIN)
  • From: AES/newspost <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 04:35:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I swear that, with help from others on this group, a couple of weeks ago
I created an animation using Mathematica 4.2.0.0 and QuickTime 6.0.3 on
an iBook running OS 9, with "ImageSize->{n,m}*72" in the graphics
commands, then Saved it using "Edit >> Save Selection As: QuickTime" --
and it came out as a QuickTime movie with 72n x 72m pixel frames showing
the full graphics.

(In fact, I have an entry in my lab notebook saying this worked.)

When I just tried this again, with no changes in my system since then,
it doesn't work -- the QuickTime movie only shows a small fraction of
the graphic images.  I messed with all the options I can think of --
screen magnification is 100%, tried various image sizes, etc -- and
nothing helps.

How have I likely screwed myself up?

--
"Power tends to corrupt.  Absolute power corrupts absolutely."
Lord Acton (1834-1902)