Re: MathReader MacOSX misrepresents notebooks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41764] Re: MathReader MacOSX misrepresents notebooks
  • From: Peter Paul Sint <sint at oeaw.ac.at>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:34:45 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <bbi0v1$7au$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Peter Paul Sint <sint at oeaw.ac.at> wrote:

> MathReader 4.2   --- Mac OS X (10.2.6)
>    does not read Notebooks correctly
This shows the nb inadequately. Probably some fonts are missing
> (which MR does nor install? Root sign, Greek letters matrix brackets...)
Thanks to a hint by Monty  Brandenberg I found in the Contents of the App
MathReader.app/SystemFiles/Fonts/Truetype/MathematicaFonts.dfont

copied it to ~/Library/Fonts
did a rehash in Terminal (logout-login works also) : done!

Clearly the Contents of an OSX app should not be opened just to run it.
Either the Installer should place it in the correct location, or (more
likely?) the App should know where it is (maybe the link was broken by
some 10.2 improvements).