btw...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41771] btw...
  • From: sean kim <shawn_s_kim at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 08:34:54 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello group.

just wanted to keep you all updated on my last PDE's and approach of
method of lines in solving them.  It didn't work out as i hoped.  I
wanted to get a solution that others have gotten using similar
discretization method, but I was unable. i tried everything, parameter
searches, changes in initial boundary conditions, shooting method. BVP
combined with finite element method. but in the end, I couldn't solve
it. guess there is a reason why people get phd's for getting numerical
solutions for PDE's. (lol)

Just wanted to thank the group and all who have commented in the past.

Thank you so much Dr Hollis for all the helpful suggestions and help.
They were so tremendously useful.

Also Dr kushka for his useful comments as well.

You guys fly. ( that's good, just in case...)

=====
when riding a dead horse,  some dismount.

while others...

form a committee to examine the deadness of the horse, then form an oversight committee to examine the validity of the finding of the previous committee.