How do I extract a non-imaginary answer from an answer set?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41897] How do I extract a non-imaginary answer from an answer set?
  • From: "AngleWyrm" <no_spam_anglewyrm at hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 06:46:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I want to extract the answer(s) that don't have an imaginary componant:

Solve[ 30 86.7 x^49 == 3/2 86.7 1.23^49, x]

produces a lot of answers, but only the last one is not imaginary, and is
the only useful answer for me. Is there a way to extract just this answer,
instead of a huge list?

--
-Jonathan