Remove help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42019] Remove help
  • From: rex_chaos at 21cn.com (Rex_chaos)
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:58:14 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

hi all,

I have defined a variable rpm in my-own-create package MyPackage`OWM

Here is some code call the variable rpm defined in OWM
In[1]:= rpm = \[Delta]; (* defined in Global context *)
In[2]:= << MyPackage`OWM`
In[3]:= rpm             (* defined in OWN and the value is \[Gamma] *)
Out[3]= \[Delta]

However, it reports

rpm::"shdw": "Symbol rpm appears in multiple contexts
{"MyPackage`OWM`", "Global`"}; definitions in context
{"MyPackage`OWM`"} may shadow or be shadowed by other
definitions."

In order to let rpm return the value defined in the package rather
then that defined in Global context. I inserted the code into my
package

Remove[rpm];
rpm = \[Gamma];

Though it works. The message still be printed by mathematica. However
can I get rid of the message?

BTW, if rpm has never been defined in the Global context. Invoking
"Remove[rpm]" will print a warning. However can I know if a variable
has been defined or not?