Re: InverseFunction[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg41997] Re: InverseFunction[]
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 03:57:01 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

No, "?ProductLog" certainly does NOT answer my question!  It tells what
ProductLog DOES, not how that function is actually computed in
Mathematica, i.e., what it IS in that sense!

Does Mathematica have some InterpolatingFunction form stored for
ProductLog?  Does it calculate values of it on the fly by using an
NDSolve (on the differential equation that the documentation about the
function mentions)?  Something else?  What?

--
Reply to "REPLY TO" address and NOT to the "FROM" address!!
Otherwise I will never see your reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305