matching conditions in PDE

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42155] matching conditions in PDE
  • From: Vladimir Petrov <voldemar1 at front.ru>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:49:33 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I would like to know how to solve numerically a partial
differential equation (the heat equation) in a medium
consisting of two subregions characterized by different
physical parameters. How to set in NDSolve the matching
conditions at the boundary between the two subregions ?
Could you give an example.
Thank you.
Regards

Vladimir