Re: Appending data to a existing file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg42173] Re: [mg42133] Appending data to a existing file
  • From: Bobby Treat <drmajorbob-MathGroup3528 at mailblocks.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 02:49:47 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Look up OpenAppend.

Bobby

-----Original Message-----
From: Torsten Klaiberg <torsten0077 at gmx.de>
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg42173] [mg42133] Appending data to a existing file

Dear users, the following situation: I have only a very slow computer
with small RAM size. But many spectra to analyze. From each spectrum I
get 10 values. This values I append to a List. After 10 spectra
analyzed I save the data with
Export[&quot;dummy.dat&quot;,List,&quot;Table&quot;] in the file
dummy.dat. But. Export[] does not append the data to the file, it
writes it new every time. So I cant clear the List. I have to hold all
the data in the List therefor in RAM. But while the List growth
Mathematica gets slower and slower. Thats why I need a function which
appends data to a file. Has someone an idea? Thank you. Torsten